Translate

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ate Prayed Loved in Sicilia

-Sicilia travel sketch-


" ATE, PRAYED, LOVED"
Yes. I ate, prayed and loved in Sicily this time.

"ATE"
Look at some photos.
Olive oil, lemon, porchini, fish.... very nicely cooked.
"Mangiare" in Sicily with Sicilian friends was such a fun!
A lot of talk, laughter never stops.



2nd dinner after St.Agatha


3rd dinner at the last day...look at the wall! it reminded me of the movie "Amelie"! Such a lovely restaurant!

pasta on a fried pizza

horse meat (which I can't eat, but Sicilian people love it)

First dinner at a pub just after landed in Catania! this is a starter for 4 ppl! still a loooot and yum!

1st pizza in Italy! Yes! very yummy!!















"PRAYED"
We are so lucky HAPPENED to visit Sicily (Catania) right on the big festival day, called "St. Agatha".
It is a huge festival to pray for St. Agatha.
Crowd of people were gathered to a place, and enjoy music, water spectacle and fireworks.
I was amazed to see them!
Do you see the crowd of people in the photo below?
First, we enjoyed watching the orchestra which was made only for this festival.
One of our colleague was joined the orchestra as a singer. What a honor of him!
And next, water spectacle started.
It was amazing, synchronized with music.
Next, fireworks started. sometimes with water performance.
That fireworks were huge. No interval and numerous of numbers!
We all said WOW for those performances.
This is the most important festival in Catania and that it was televised.
It was hilarious that I heard that our faces were on-aired for 4 times during the festival!
One time was my close-up for long time! I did the best smile and waved!! LOL
At the next day at the office, some of the colleagues said that they watched us on TV!
How funny! We had a lot of fun at that festival.
Less prayed actually... :))

 lit up

the other side of the place

color was changing

the orchestra which was organized only for this day!

collaboration of fireworks and water performance(left bottom)

do you see the crowd of people!!??




That was wow!


Another fireworks for people on the other side!

















"LOVED"
I know, I might be stupid to mention about this in the blog,
But can't hide this feeling! Mamma Mia!.... I've forgotten such feeling looong time!
I am so grateful to remember how wonderful falling love is!!
Hope it goes well.... possibly....!




one ally in the evening. beautiful, isn't it?  

Sunrise from the Mediterranean sea! First time for me to see Mediterranean sea which I'd wanted to see!

One of my colleague gave me a big orange which is VERY SICILY! Cute isn't it? and had good smell!


















Mt.Etna! I saw it finally at the last minutes in Catania! It was covered with clouds for previous 2 days. At the last morning, it finally appeared! So touched! :)
 
beach in front of the hotel. last minutes walking. peaceful time! 
 Beach, Mt.Etna, Catania town. Beautiful view!



 Mt.Etna from the plane

THIS IS TAORMINA!!!! (right bottom)  Birth place of  Cinema Paradiso!!!!!
I listened to "Cinema Paradiso" of Chris Botti while looked down this!!! It was one of the most pleasure moments. I actually didn't know exactly where Taormina is. (just know the roughly location)
However, I found that it was Taormina on seeing it! Because it was totally different from other places even just looked down from the plane.
It looked such a pretty little place on the cliffs. I definitely would LOVE to visit there next time!
It must be Taormina. Because I checked the geography now! :)

2 comments:

  1. >"LOVED"
    I know, I might be stupid to mention about this in the blog,
    But can't hide this feeling! Mamma Mia!.... I've forgotten such feeling looong time!
    I am so grateful to remember how wonderful falling love is!!
    Hope it goes well.... possibly....!

    Dear Mami chan,
    What beautiful pictures you placed here!!!
    How did it go?
    Hope it went well^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rumi san!!!
    Thank you soooo much for your comment!
    I am so happy to find your comment! :) :) :)
    Rumi san... I hope to come back to Sicily soon... but it looks difficult to manage "relationship stuff" between Japan and Sicily... it should be different if I had more courage to go there often...
    But it was a great great experience for me to have been there!
    Truly amazing place to be! :)
    Mami

    ReplyDelete